What is the difference between unsecured and secured debt?
A secured loan is connected to a collateral (ex: car or a home). With this loan, the lender can repossess the collateral if you fail to pay the loan.
An unsecured loan is not protected by any collateral example credit cards, private student loans, and personal loans. If you default on the loan, the lender can’t automatically take your property.
What types of debt qualify for the ADS ( American Debt Solutions) program?
We can help clients who possess unsecured forms of debt such as
- Credit card bills
- Medical bills
- Private student loans
- Business Debt (business is no longer operational)
- Repossession (property has been repossessed and a determination of amount owed has been made)
- USAA (if you have no other loans or checking or savings accounts)
Do I Qualify for Debt Relief?
In order for the American Debt Solutions program to work, you must meet certain qualifications.
- Minimum of 10K unsecured debt
- Medical Bills NOT to exceed 40% of total enrolled debt
- Private (non-federal) Student Loans NOT to exceed 40% of total enrolled debt
- $500 minimum account balance for each enrolled account.
- You can make a $250 minimum monthly program payment.
- Revolving Accounts must be open 6 or more months and have had at least 6 payments made on them. Personal unsecured loans should have been open 3 months and have 3 payments made on them.
What options do I have to get out of debt?
Depending on your situation, ADS offers two comprehensive debt reduction programs.
If you can still afford minimum payments and your history is relatively intact, our Debt Management Program provides a clear path to renegotiate your interest rates and quickly resolve your debt. You can pay your creditors over the course of 4 years.
If your payment background is less than ideal, our Debt Settlement Program is the quickest way with the least amount of money (6-48 months) to completely eliminate your debt, getting you back in the game.
Will this program have a negative effect on my credit?
There are no guarantees on the credit scores but what we found in some of our clients is, after they finished a the program and paying on time on debts outside of the program, we’ve seen their credit profile improve.